Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello!!

Welcome to my recipe/restaurant review and general food blog! I'm a newlywed and figured since I now have this nice, new set of All-Clad pots and pans, along with a ton of other brand new kitchen gadgets and accessories, that I would finally start chronicling my times in the kitchen. I've always loved to cook and experiment with new foods. I wouldn't say I'm a gourmet by any means, but I do try and fortunately my husband is willing to eat most anything I attempt to make. So through this blog I'll share recipes, creations and even the occassional restaurant review or kitchen gadget review.
The best thing about it is I'll finally be cooking with professional-style cookware. Before the wedding, our kitchen was made up of hand-me down ceramics, Ikea utensils that you could probably bend with enough mind concentration, Teflon-coated pots and pans (hmm I don't remember putting pepper in my scrambled eggs, what are those black dots??), and a butcher block of complimentary knives - five of which the blade broke right off mid-cut. I can finally go from stovetop to oven, finally make a quiche in a real tart pan, finally grate lemon zest on a microplane and finally bid adieu to my broken chopper.
So let the games begin!!! Watch out Giada and Rachael Ray, this Italian girl is getting her turn at the flames.

No comments: