Monday, July 28, 2008

You like me, you really like me!

I feel just like Sally Field! I mean starting a blog is fun, but you do feel like sometimes you're writing and posting to a massive void. There's the eternal doubter in me that says, no one is reading this but you - you might as well be keeping a diary with one of those lock and keys on it for as much publicity as this thing will see. But this was some proof that not all my ramblings and hot evenings in front of the stove are all for naught! I won the Grillin' contest on Joelen's Culinary Adventures blog. This is so exciting because not only does it just feel good to be acknowledged, but I get a whole mess of grilling spices and a great grilling cookbook to boot! For anyone who is looking for a great way to test your culinary creativity and get your blog out there for others to see, definitely check out Joelen's blog for some fabulous contests. My winning recipe is below, Cilantro Lime Halibut with Mexican Squash and Beans. Thanks again Joelen!

2 comments:

cg said...

I totally read your blog almost every day. It's awesome! I love food (both cooking and eating) I'm always in the hunt for new recipes and restaurants in the area. You have GREAT recommendations, and needless to say your recipes (at least the ones I've tried) are Fantastic!

Lisa said...

Thanks so much!! That's so encouraging. I hope I can continue to deliver!