Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Cookies

I have had the past week off from work and spent one of those days baking Christmas cookies. I picked a wide assortment, mainly from one of my old Rachael Ray magazines and from one of my favorite blogs. Below I present the first three I have baked. Next up - fig and pistachio biscotti from Proud Italian Cook!!
Photobucket
Meanwhile, here are some sweets to make your Christmas a bit more merry. Enjoy! Oh and beware of the Pecan Caramel Surprises. Two tips I can offer - wait until they cool to remove them from the baking sheet, otherwise they crumble miserably. Second - be careful when biting into them later, they are very chewy and could easily pull out fillings. So unless you want to be singing "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" then chew cautiously!

Pecan Caramel Surprise
Rachael Ray Magazine, Dec 08
Click here for the recipe
Photobucket


Cherry Shortbread Cookies
Rachael Ray Magazine, Dec 08
Click here for the recipe
Photobucket


Dark Chocolate-Ginger Crinkles
Rachael Ray Magazine, Dec 08
Click here for the recipe
Photobucket

2 comments:

Proud Italian Cook said...

Wow they all sound good, and your photos make me want to pull up a chair right next to them holding a hot cup of coffee to go with them!

Kira said...

The crinkles look amazing! I love the ginger/chocolate combo.